Sunday, March 28, 2010

Abiding Fully


The Holy Spirit abides inside every believer. We have full access to Him. Yet not every one of us gives Him full access and control. Day by day, our journey is about turning more and more over to His control -- abiding also in Him -- so that He can work in us and through us to bring about His glory.

Life is made up of individual challenges and decisions and influences. It can be overwhelming at times. But increasingly, as we are able to surrender more of our lives to Him, He makes those pieces fall into place. He alone is the One who knows How to complete the puzzle!

I thought of many varied conversations, perplexities and disciplines that are shaping my life right now. And every once in awhile, I get just a "glimpse" of the big picture. It's as if I see the scenery on the front of the puzzle box -- for just a moment -- and I know what I need to do to work toward completion for that beautiful view.

God is fully alive in us, and He has every means of working in our lives. But sometimes I stifle Him by wanting to retain too much control. Sometimes I settle for "good" when I could have had "great" or "glorious."

I realize, once again, that I can't hurry God. I can't say, "Answer faster." His ways are high above our ways, His thoughts high above our thoughts. (Is. 55:8-9 NIV) It would be like force-fitting the pieces of the puzzle into place to complete it hastily instead of enduring the wait, being patient for the right fit.

Lord, I do not want a "quick" answer -- I want Your answer! Once more I surrender, as best I know how, to let You reign over every area of my life. God, I trust You to be the One who puts each piece into place for Your glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment