Monday, November 23, 2009

Insert Your Worry Here

“Is anything too hard for the Lord?” Gen. 18:14 (NIV)


My struggles weighed heavy on my heart. If I were really trusting God, then why did I let those worries creep in again?

It was then I opened my Bible and continued reading in Genesis, right where we had left off in our last study time. Sarah had just heard that she would bear a child to Abraham and she laughed because they were both well beyond child-bearing years.

But the Lord said, “Is anything too hard for the Lord?”

The verse came to life for me. Is it too hard for Him to… [insert your worry here] Mend a relationship? Resolve a problem? Heal my past? Change an attitude? Develop a talent? Find me a job? A good doctor? A sitter? A mentor? A friend? A roommate? A soul mate?

Absolutely not! I realized if God could make a 90-year-old woman – barren all her life – have a child, He could certainly do anything.

My prayers were refreshed with new hope. Nothing is impossible with God. Luke 1:37 (NIV)

Reflection: What is it in your life today that is too difficult for you…but not for God?


Thank you, God, that nothing is too hard for you. Your arm is not too short. Nothing is impossible for you. I will hope in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment