Friday, September 24, 2010

Abiding is One Year Old!

I am amazed as I reflect on this last year's journey with the Lord. Since the 4th grade, I have loved writing, but I had never found that "chunk of time" to sit down and write a book. But as every important journey begins with a single step, God began showing me how to take that first step.

Last September after attending the AACC (American Association of Christian Counselors) World Conference with my husband, I was so inspired that I launched this blog the day after my return. Blogging would enable me to share as I write, and to publish immediately! 

As God amazes us, we pass it on to others. He has given each of us gifts to be developed and used for His glory and He says we shouldn't hide our light under a bowl (Matt. 5:15). It was fun to realize I don't have to feel guilty when I can't get everything else done – because using His gifts is a higher priority than many of those things I thought were so important!

When I launched Abiding, I made a goal to write a post a week – and though I fell a little behind, I see that I have made much more progress than sitting back and waiting for that "chunk of time." He has stretched me and encouraged me and I'm having so much fun!

Blogging also appeals to me because it is interactive. As I listen to the Lord and share what I learn, I also want to hear from you in the comments section. Can you relate? Are you, too, striving to abide in Him daily? What does that mean to you? Let's encourage one another and take that walk together! 

When you read what I write, I hope you'll feel free to jump in the conversation. Share your thoughts, questions, wisdom and insights. I've been following some experienced bloggers – two of my favorites are Lysa TerKeurst (Proverbs 31 Women) and Jennie Allen (Untangling God and Ponytails); click on their names to check out their blogs and see how both have a wonderful way of seeing God's hand at work and engaging readers in conversation.

If you are reading this via e-mail (only a handful of you), I would encourage you to join in by taking the link directly to Abiding so you can comment and also read what others have written.

So... what is your next step to an important goal or dream?
 
Dear God, I pray your blessing over each one reading this blog. Thank you for the amazing way You lead us. Thank you for this wonderful way to connect with kindred souls all around.

Join in the conversation. How has God been amazing you and growing you this past year? How has He encouraged you?

No comments:

Post a Comment