Saturday, April 27, 2013

Abiding, Like Never Before

With my sweet husband in the ICU for the last two weeks, I'm learning to ABIDE like never before...

A is for Abandon – a surrendering of one’s power; to give up control or influence; a thorough yielding. Lord, as much as I long to have things my way, I know Yours is ultimately better.

B is for Bask – to lie in or expose oneself to a pleasant warmth or atmosphere; to take pleasure or derive enjoyment; delight in the Lord. I soak up Your Goodness, Lord. I remember all the kindness and compassion You have shown me.

I is to be Intentional – eager attention; having the mind, attention or will concentrated on some end or purpose; focused determination. I lift my eyes up to the Lord, where my help comes from.

D is to Dwell – to remain for a time; to live as a resident; to keep the attention directed. I will remember the things You have told me. I will camp here in the shadow of Your wings.

E is to Endure – to continue in the same state; to remain firm under suffering or misfortune without giving up, drawing my strength from the Lord. Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.


Lord, Abiding in You brings strength. There is no place I'd rather be.

3 comments:

  1. Holding you and your husband in my prayers. ((((Hugs)))))
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  2. " Habbukuk 3:17-18 niv says: Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord , I will be joyful in God my Savior.

    Wow! I want that joy, don't you?"

    Marilyn, the above was verses that Amara's friend (who is 13 yrs old) included in an email to her recently.

    I thought it was even more special --- being delivered from today's "youth".

    So grateful that God has provided such a special and wise friend for Amara to share life with
    They are learning and growing in their faith in the Lord - together. What a Joy.
    Just like I am so grateful that God has provided YOU in my life to share and learn with/from.

    I thank God for your friendship, and wisdom...
    my extremely talented "writer of the Lord".

    vic
    (not anonymous)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just realized that the above Habbukuk verses that I sent you above are the same ones you referenced in your "Joyful in the Wait" blog post.

    There are no coincidences. Not with God.
    He speaks to us with His Words. And he repeats them as necessary. Ha-hah.

    His roadmap to living and abiding abundantly gets pretty clear sometimes.

    love ya
    hugs

    vic

    ReplyDelete