Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Traveling Well

After three years of pouring my soul onto the pages and rearranging, my hard work has finally emerged as a living book! 

Because traveling has been such a love in my life, I chose a traveling theme. The book starts off with a few travel tips and some fun travel stories, both with my sweetheart and since our last goodbye in 2013.

The theme then continues with traveling through the unexpected twists and turns in life -- because isn't "traveling well" a daily endeavor? We can remember that some of the most beautiful scenery is also the most rugged -- and it can be difficult to navigate those places. It is a challenging but beautiful truth that we grow the most when we are stretched the hardest.

The book is about rebuilding life after loss, facing more significant losses, navigating Dad's dementia, traveling through transitions -- when good things come to an end, traveling through pandemic -- when no one knows the way, and finally, traveling inside ourselves and finding inexplicable peace in walking with God, come what may. It is about growing faith through using it.

My son, Zach Westerman, created the beautiful cover with a shot he took when we visited the Cascades together in September. He used my handwriting as the script font. Please check out the gorgeous website he put together to help get the word out: remaininhim.com. Share it with others who need hope and inspiration through traveling a difficult road in life.

To God be the glory, because He brought me through some very scenic routes thus far, all the while showing His abundant, unfailing love. My hope is for you to experience His extravagant love in your life.


No comments:

Post a Comment