Sunday, March 21, 2010

New Growth

The snow is gone and the daffodils are pushing up through the monochromatic brown landscape. How exciting to think of green again!

My plants in the sunroom know it is spring, too. I found a surprise at the top of my schefflera (pictured).

Last week my husband and I were blessed to have some time away to hike and explore the brown landscape of last year's foliage. Our time was balanced with reading, writing and reflecting. A retreat, of sorts. A time for new growth.

I thoroughly enjoyed taking time to re-read my journals from a few years ago, refreshing my memory on the way God has answered prayers, cultivating and shaping new growth in me. It's amazing to look back and see His "footprints in the sand" as He guided me through all the challenges that later have become the sprouts of new life.

"No branch can bear fruit by itself, it must remain in the Vine." (John 15:4 NIV) So, once again, it's all about abiding. Sticking close to our nourishment.

My writing time on our "retreat" last week was for the purpose of distilling the best of my journaling stories into a presentation. It was last year at the Women's Breakaway in Chilton that I felt the Holy Spirit nudge me. It was as if He said, "YOU can share your passion for journaling with these women!"

So I submitted my name as a speaker. (Is that a glimpse of new foliage?)

Over the past several months, the thrill inside me has grown as I've gathered ideas to share at the Women's Breakaway on April 17, 2010. I've named it, "A Diary of Our Love Story... Journal Your Prayers and Watch God at Work." I'll share several reasons and examples of why journaling is worth the effort. I am just so excited for others to experience the joy I feel in this process!

Can I ask you -- my dear blog-reading friends -- to pray for me? Please pray that I am able to deliver this in a way that inspires hope and the opportunity for growth in the women who attend this workshop. And to God be the Glory!

1 comment:

  1. I'll be praying for you Marilyn. I just know you'll inspire and encourage the ladies who attend your journaling session. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete