Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A Fresh Perspective

With vacations in peak season, we have a wonderful (and, for some, rare) opportunity to "get away from it all." How can we think "outside the box" when we are living in cubes and offices so many of our waking hours?

Last Monday, I returned to work after a week of thinking "outside the state" (traveled in four states) and even "outside the country" (traveled four Canadian provinces). And if the jagged and majestic mountains of Montana don't clear the cobwebs, what will?

It took a few days to stop thinking about the usual details, but when I did, my mind was free to see what's beyond my realm, and to dream of what could be.

Whenever I get away, I notice the creative juices start flowing again. (Does that happen to you, too?) I don't know where it all comes from sometimes. I make new goals and I become eager to put my ideas into action. I see colors more vividly and even my dreams are much more fun!

Getting away helps me gain a new perspective of what life is like beyond my normal scope. Seeing the beauty of God's creation reminds me of how He has every intricate detail under control -- always did, always will! And what a peace that gives me. I remind myself to just stay close, stay connected, to abide in Him and be part of His big plan.

So as our vacation came to a close, with a fresh perspective I began thinking of the responsibilities awaiting me "inside the boxes." I have new energy to approach the challenges, new ideas to implement.


O LORD, our Lord, how majestic is Your name in all the earth! (Psalm 8:9 NIV)



Photo: Jackson Glacier, Glacier National Park, Montana

1 comment:

  1. sounds like you had a great and very relaxing vacation. I love the pictures and your refreshing perspectives. :-)

    ReplyDelete