Saturday, February 14, 2015

Love From My Valentine

Abiding in our Lord is so amazing. He speaks to us in so many ways -- customized for each one of us -- in the ways we can best perceive and relate. God's love is so special. Celebrate His love this Valentine's Day.

Today, February 14, has lots of sweet memories for me. I married the love of my life, and we celebrated it profoundly every year...a snowy walk to the ice caves on Lake Superior at Bayfield, a romantic walk in the woods through fresh fallen snow, and Door County weekends with dear friends also celebrating anniversaries.

I still treasure the most beautiful cards, with carefully chosen words. On our last Valentine's Day together, Ted gave me nine red roses for nine years of marriage, made me chocolate-covered strawberries and then gave me three more roses, signifying the three of us -- God, him and me -- and what it takes to make the marriage work.

Though I miss Ted all the time, it's my practice of abiding in Jesus that lifts me and fills me. Look at this beautiful reminder I found in the fresh snow this morning. The wind had swirled and carved away a perfect heart.

Lord, your love is truly amazing! Teach us all to be still, be mindful and to watch for the unlimited ways you speak to us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment