Friday, September 25, 2009

The Highest Authority

I was feeling stressed over a project I'd been working on. It was a day when I felt no one listened to my input.

I recalled some of the details as I talked to my friend Mary, who had picked me up for a walk. "It feels like I have no influence, no expertise and no authority!"

She immediately said, "I'm sure that's how Jesus felt at times!"

Yes... I remembered. We had just read about that in the book of John. Though Jesus performed MIRACLES, the most religious group of the day -- the Pharisees -- didn't even believe Him! Jesus was the HIGHEST authority and His own received Him not (John 1:10-12).

And God sent Mary as my little angel to remind me not to be discouraged.

1 comment:

  1. I read that same passage this week. "The light shines in the darkness but the darkness has not understood it" (John 1:5) Christ was the light of the world, though not received by his own, he changed ETERNITY for those who received Him. No matter how dark it gets, light ALWAYS overcomes the darkness. Even if it is one little candle at a time. Keep shining! Laurie

    ReplyDelete