Monday, March 28, 2016

Bursting with Potential

God has given gifts to each of us, waiting to be fanned into flame. It takes effort on our part, and it's key to stay connected to Him to bear fruit.

I believe God looks at each one of us like this bursting milkweed pod. We are filled with potential, and every seed that makes its way to fertile ground can bear fruit. Staying connected to Him brings the nourishment for those seeds.

Abiding in Him is keeping that margin of time, even in the busiest of seasons, to read from His Word, to listen for the way He is speaking into my life. I never want to miss those sweet words!

In 2009 I felt the Holy Spirit impress upon me that I needed to share my thoughts on journaling at the next Women's Breakaway. Public speaker, me? No way! But after I said yes I became very excited and passionate about it! He called and then He equipped.

I never would have imagined that now, seven years later, I will be at the Breakaway again -- sharing my story and the book that I have written! Praise God, this is an incredible dream come true for me. I have always, always wanted to write a book.

I want to give all the glory, honor and praise to God for all He has done. He has brought me here! Click the tab above for more information about my book, Life, Love and Loss.

Thank you, Heavenly Father, for giving me a passion and a purpose and giving me everything I've needed as I trusted you step by step. 

Is there something God has been prompting you to do but you have been afraid? I know the feeling, but I'm so glad I trusted God and did the next thing. What unmet potential is living inside of you?

No comments:

Post a Comment